This webinar will help to bridge the gap between existing design guidance and the latest research on low impact development (LID) technologies. Current LID Guidelines recommend underdrains be installed whenever you are designing infiltration measures in soils with low infiltration capacity, such as silty-clays and clays. When underdrains are connected to municipal stormwater infrastructure, this could mean very little detention of runoff during extreme weather events, making it difficult to meet runoff volume control targets. This webinar will discuss the latest research on enhancing infiltration and evapotranspiration in LID practices as well as present potential opportunities for extending stormwater detention in infiltration practices, without increasing flood risk.
Who should attend?
- Stormwater engineers or planners working in dense urban environments or areas with low infiltration soils
- Engineers, architects and planners looking for innovative low impact development technologies to reduce runoff volumes
- Learn about recent research in bioretention and permeable pavement from the Southern Ontario context
- Understand current guidelines for designing infiltration practices.
- Recognize the best techniques to apply to designing infiltration practices in low-infiltration soils.
- Know where to find tools and resources to help decision making.
IECA members are eligible to receive a 10% discount on registration. To register at this discounted price please contact Victoria Kring at Victoria.Kring@trca.on.ca and provide your IECA member ID for membership confirmation.
Are you viewing this webinar with a group? You can add additional viewing attendees to your order, provided you are all viewing in the same location. Additional attendees qualify for a reduced registration fee of only $25!
If you have any additional questions, please contact Victoria Kring at Victoria.Kring@trca.on.ca
TRCA HST Registration number is 10808 8584 RT001
Register for any two LIVE or PRE-RECORDED webinars and select a third webinar for free. Use the “pre-recorded webinars” tab to view all archived webinars. Use coupon code B2GOFWEB at time of registration to receive free webinar (must have 3 webinars in cart for coupon code to apply).