Registration 8:00 – 8:30 am.
Water quality improvements for most infiltration practices come largely from the runoff reduction. So understanding and optimizing the exfiltration capacity is key to designing and modeling a highly performing installation. We will study the basic components of reservoir routing, so often hidden by our modeling software. By applying systems thinking to our infiltration practice, we will consider alternatives to optimize designs and begin to understand the implications of our decisions. Maybe you have some of these questions?
- For a given storage volume, is a deep practice better than a shallow one?
- Are there benefits to designing narrow practices rather than broader areal practices?
- Is the exfiltration to native soil significant during a design storm duration?
- How can I model the drawdown time of a practice for design or review?
- Is the exfiltration from a stormwater practice likely to cause mounding of the local water table?
- How might this affect the permissible groundwater separation?
- How might this affect recommended setbacks?
- How can unacceptable mounding be mitigated in practice design?
Upon completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Determine if, for a given storage volume, a deep practice would be more effective than a shallow one.
- Articulate (and calculate) the benefits of designing narrow practices rather than broader areal practices.
- Evaluate if the exfiltration to native soil is significant during a design storm duration.
- Model the drawdown time of a practice for design or review.
- Assess the impact of exfiltration from a stormwater practice on the local water table.
- Develop mitigation measures for unacceptable groundwater mounding.
Who should attend:
- Professionals involved in designing or reviewing infiltration practices
- Engineers developing their knowledge in hydrogeology
- Hydrogeologists increasing their understanding of design for stormwater management
- People interested in algebraic modeling
Recommended pre-workshop study: Design Infiltration Rate E-learning Course (FREE)
Save 10% off course fees when combined with the purchase of a 2019 TRIECA two-day conference pass.
As this is a technical workshop involving the application and discussion of different computational models, participants should bring their own laptop computer.
Lunch will be provided.
If you have any additional questions or concerns please contact Victoria Kring at Victoria.Kring@trca.on.ca.
TRCA HST Registration number is 10808 8584 RT001